When dealing with the technical and creative aspect of graphic design/marketing strategy, often the challenge is to produce creative ideas. The key here is to stimulate your brain so that creative thoughts can be crafted that will make your brand stand out and still maintain that professional image.
Here are some tips you can try to squeeze out those creative juices:
1. Spend time reading to be able to get inspiration from various reading materials.
2. Search the web and observe various sites you visit. Look at how the design was produced and what kind of reaction it elicited on you.
3. Ask your employees or other staffs for ideas. You can turn a small idea and develop it into a valid design concept.
4. Don’t reject any ideas at this point, even if they don’t seem right. Get your ideas down on paper and you can eliminate or refine them later. At this point you are just trying to get your brain in motion.
5. Make it fun! Sure, you can take it seriously, but if your “creative meeting” is conducted like a college final exam, I doubt it’s going to produce many creative ideas.